We are looking forward to learning more about racial capitalism and economic justice with Citizen Action of New York. Presenters will lead teens in a series of activities focused on reversing runaway inequality through advocating for change.
Citizen Action of New York is a grassroots membership organization taking on big issues that are at the center of transforming society by:
- Ensuring our children have a quality public education no matter their zip code
- Ending our current system of mass incarceration and establishing a new system of justice
- Ensuring quality affordable housing for all
- Fighting for guaranteed quality, affordable health care
- Taking big money out of politics by creating a fair elections system
- Aiming to dismantle the historic racist system by promoting racial justice
- Striving for a more progressive tax system to begin to end the runaway inequality in our state
Visit our 2020 program page to learn more.